[Haskell-cafe] design question: decision tree from "Programming Collective Intelligence"

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 03:24:52 EDT 2010

Maybe "permutation trees" are a viable starting point?

See the paper "Parsing Permutation Phrases" which appears to be on CiteSeer.

Some slides are also here - the data type definitions and Functor
instance for permutation trees are on page 18 (pdf index page 19):

An alternative implementation for applicative functors is here:

Note the use of existentials here is pretty cunning, I didn't get very
far the time I attempted to use the technique for my own purposes.

Best wishes