[Haskell-cafe] lecture notes for Finally Tagless - benefit of explicit fix combinator

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 15:19:06 EDT 2010

Hi Günther

I haven't seen open recursion used in any libraries I'm familiar with,
though as its not a technique I've used myself I'm not really
"trained" to spot it.

There's another paper by William Cook (and Daniel Brown) were the use
is explicit (at least initially - Sections 2.2 & 2.3):

http://userweb.cs.utexas.edu/users/wcook/Drafts/2009/sblp09-memo-mixins.pdf

There are probably some other instances where it takes more expertise
to spot - certainly Oleg Kiselyov and Ralf Lammel's OO-Haskell paper
uses open recursion, but in a slightly different way.

Best wishes

Stephen