[Haskell-cafe] Re: How does one get off haskell?

Edward Z. Yang ezyang at MIT.EDU
Fri Jun 18 13:28:50 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Bryan O'Sullivan's message of Fri Jun 18 13:16:58 -0400 2010:
> I'm inclined to disagree. It's precisely when the code is in a state of
> constant upheaval that I want the type system to be pointing out my dumb
> errors.

In my experience, the type system has forced me to care about thing that I
don't want to care about (yet).  It's a different mindset: in the words of the
prototyper: being first is valued over being correct.

This does mean that Haskell forces you to write long-term maintainable
code from the get-go, yes. :-)

Cheers,
Edward