[Haskell-cafe] Troubles Building LLVM

Keith Sheppard keithshep at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 22:46:31 EDT 2010

Hello All,

I'm trying to get up and running with the very interesting llvm
package[1] but I'm running into problems during the linking stage.

keith at sugarglider-2:~/projects/third-party/llvm-hs-bindings/examples/>
make clean all
rm -f HelloJIT Fibonacci BrainF Vector Array DotProd Arith Align
Struct Varargs *.o *.hi *.s *.bc Fib *.exe *.exe.manifest *~
ghc -Wall -optl -w --make -o HelloJIT.exe -main-is HelloJIT.main HelloJIT.hs
[1 of 1] Compiling HelloJIT         ( HelloJIT.hs, HelloJIT.o )
Linking HelloJIT.exe ...
Undefined symbols:
  "_LLVMAddCondPropagationPass", referenced from:
      _ssCM_info in libHSllvm-0.7.1.1.a(Scalar.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [HelloJIT.exe] Error 1

It's probably something very simple that I'm doing wrong since this is
my first Haskell build linking against foreign libs. Do you know what
I might be doing wrong?

Here are the versions:
Mac OS X 10.5.8
GHC 6.10.1 (waiting out a leopard installer bug [2])
llvm-2.7 installed to default location
llvm package version 0.7.1.1

Thanks!

BTW, the combination of this package plus the awesome Haskell parsers
seem to make for a great compiler construction kit. I'm looking
forward to playing around w/ llvm

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/llvm
[2] http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform/ticket/110

--