[Haskell-cafe] What is Haskell unsuitable for?

caseyh at istar.ca caseyh at istar.ca
Thu Jun 17 18:01:02 EDT 2010

> If you want to use cool languages, you may have to get a cool job. I
> know: it's easy to say and harder to accomplish.

Most functional languages (e.g. Lisp, Haskell, ...) have a challenging
time in industry since they require some savvy with multiple levels of
higher abstractions and some savvy with mathematical ideas and some
savvy with functional algorithms and data structures.

Also, your manager has probably come up through the technical ranks on
his/her OOA/OOD/OOP skills and sees you as a young (or not) upstart
trying to show off.

:)