[Haskell-cafe] What is Haskell unsuitable for?

Casey Hawthorne caseyh at istar.ca
Wed Jun 16 11:18:53 EDT 2010

I remember quite a few months ago, someone gave a presentation on
Haskell and he admitted that so far all he had used it for were shell
scripts.  He said that his Haskell shell scripts ran faster than his
shell scripts written in ?

So all he had used so far, was just the imperative part of Haskell.

On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 00:06:54 UTC, Marc Weber <marco-oweber at gmx.de>
wrote:

>Hi Aditya Siram,
>
>- maybe shell scripting: running ghci takes longer than starting bash.
>  Compiling is not always an option because executables are bigger than
>  shell scripts or C executables

<snip>

--
Regards,