[Haskell-cafe] learning advanced haskell

Bas van Dijk v.dijk.bas at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 16:08:57 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 7:42 AM, Aran Donohue <aran.donohue at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hints? Tips?

One thing that isn't mentioned yet is to read other peoples programs.

I'm subscribed to the Hackage RSS feed[1]. I tend to read (at least)
the package page of every package that gets uploaded to hackage.
Whenever an interesting package comes a long I dig a little deeper.
First I try to understand what problem the package is trying to solve.
Then I see how the package is structured into modules. Finally when I
notice some interesting module or function I read its documentation
(which unfortunately almost never exists) and source code and try to
understand how and why it is being implemented like it is.

Regards,

Bas

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/recent.rss