[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haddock Problem

David Waern david.waern at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 07:34:07 EDT 2010

2010/6/14 Dominic Steinitz <dominic at steinitz.org>:

> So I created one and copied our custom package databse into it but still no
> luck:
>
> ..\ThirdParty\Haskell_Platform\2010.1.0.0\bin\haddock.exe -B
> c:\p4wksp\steinitd_fpf_exdate_ws\FPF_Dev.br\ThirdParty\haskell_packages
> backendc\PAD2C.hs
> haddock: internal Haddock or GHC error:
> C:\p4wksp\steinitd_fpf_exdate_ws\FPF_Dev.br\ThirdParty\haskell_packages\package.
> conf.d\package.cache: openBinaryFile: does not exist (No such file or directory)
>
> I'm not what this file is. Is it the same as the index file that cabal uses?

I don't know exactly what that file is, but -B is actually for
pointing Haddock at the GHC lib dir, so it's not surprising that it
doesn't work. I thought that perhaps the package.conf.d file is the
only thing it needs from that directory, but that doesn't seem to be
the case.

I think using --optghc=-package-conf is the correct way to point to
another package DB, so I'll look into why it doesn't work.

David