[Haskell-cafe] How to browse code written by others

Martin Drautzburg Martin.Drautzburg at web.de
Sun Jun 13 16:32:18 EDT 2010

Hello all,

I need your advice about how to browse code which was written by someone else
(Paul Hudak's Euterpea, to be precise, apx. 10000 LOC). I had set some hopes
on leksah, and it indeed shows me the interfaces, but I have not yet
convinced it to show me more than that.

I ran haddock over the sources, and again I could not see more that just
signatures.

I would be very happy with something like a Smalltalk browser. Something that
would let me zoom down to the source code, but with "search" and hyperlink
capabilities ("senders" and "implementers" in Smalltalk).

Anyways, how do you guys do it, i.e. how to you dive into non-trivial foreign
code?

--
Martin