[Haskell-cafe] Literate programming

Martin Drautzburg Martin.Drautzburg at web.de
Sat Jun 12 16:54:52 EDT 2010

On Saturday, 12. June 2010 19:06:39 Darrin Chandler wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 12:34:37PM -0400, aditya siram wrote:
> > It's weird I was just thinking about LP in Haskell this morning. Check
> > out John Milliken's dbus-core [1] written entirely in noweb.

Okay I'll check out noweb.

My personal opionion as a haskell newbie is that I love literate programming.
I can write down my train of thoughts along with the source code, then I read
the generated document an I can find flaws in it much more easily than when
reading the bare source. I understand that this becomes less of an issue when
you become more experienced with haskell. Still it will always be a good way
to promote haskel-style solutions.

I don't have any problems with LaTeX, but a less verbose solution would do
just fine.

My biggest problem is actually literate programming in conjunction with
leksah. Can anybody comment on this issue? Do you guys use leskah at all?

--
Martin