[Haskell-cafe] CGI differences FastCGI

Jonas Fager jonas.fager at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 03:48:58 EDT 2010

Hi.

This is probably "I must be blind department"

I have a very basic strip down echo cgi that runs with apache2.

When I try to modfi it to be a FastCGI instead and run it with spawn-fcgi
with nginx
It don't behave as expected.
I suppose that the line that don't get any data is mn <-  getInputFPS "file"
when running under FastGCI.
So is the code wrong? or have I missed something with the setup?

I can run the example of fastcgi provided in
http://mult.ifario.us/p/wiring-haskell-into-a-fastcgi-web-server with no
problem.

2.6.32-22-generic-pae #36-Ubuntu SMP
The Glorious Glasgow Haskell Compilation System, version 6.12.1

+++++
import Control.Concurrent
import Network.CGI
-- import Network.FastCGI
import Text.Html
import qualified Data.ByteString.Lazy as BS
import qualified Data.ByteString.Lazy.Char8 as BS8
import Control.Monad (liftM)
import Data.Maybe (fromJust)
import Char
import Data.List
import System.Time
import qualified Data.ByteString.Char8 as C
import Text.JSON.Generic
import Text.JSON

insertthis fb =  do
  let f = BS8.unpack  fb
  return (f)

fileForm = form ! [method "post", enctype "multipart/form-data"]
             << [textfield "file", submit "" "Upload"]

saveFile cont =
    do r<-liftIO $ insertthis  cont
       return $ paragraph << ("Inserted " ++ (show r))

page t b = header << thetitle << t +++ body << b

test :: CGI CGIResult
test = do setHeader "Content-Type" "text/html; charset=utf-8"
          mn <-  getInputFPS "file"
          h <- maybe (return fileForm) saveFile mn
          output $  renderHtml $ page "Upload" h

main = runCGI $ handleErrors test

--main= runFastCGI $ handleErrors test

+++++