[Haskell-cafe] Re: Using the ContT monads for early exits of IO ?

Maciej Piechotka uzytkownik2 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 15:57:16 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-06-10 at 14:09 -0500, Tim Wawrzynczak wrote:
> Actually, on second thought, Lennart is probably right.  Continuations
> are probably overkill for this situation.
> Since not wanting to continue is probably an 'erroneous condition,'
> you may as well use Error.
>
> Cheers,
>  - Tim

Technically it can be a success. For example if we get a list of
HostInfo for given hostname we want to connect once instead of many
times. Also the first time might not succeed (it is AAAA entry in IPv4
network).

Error monad seems not to be a semantic solution as we exit on success
not failure.

Regards