[Haskell-cafe] Execution call graph pruning

C K Kashyap ckkashyap at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 11:21:57 EDT 2010

Hi,
I have a call grah which contains information of the edges in the following
format

caller  callee  count   (time spent by the
caller)
===================================
foo      bar      10        100
xxx      yyy      20        10
zzz      yyy      10        10

(I used pintool pintool.org to generate this call graph)

Now, the problem is that the graph is huge and it take a long to render
using 'dot' or use any visualizing tool.
Even if they render, it's too cluttered to be useful.
I wanted to prune the graph in such a way that I'd have only the edges
corresponding to the top 10% of the
time consumers. What would be a good way to do such a thing? Has anyone
written some utility that I could use?

--
Regards,
Kashyap