[Haskell-cafe] HP/Cygwin and Curl

Chris Dornan chris at chrisdornan.com
Mon Jun 7 07:47:46 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am trying to install the curl 1.3.5 hackage on the latest Haskell Platform
(2010.1.0.0) on Windows 7.

I have installed lib-curl-devel (7.19.6-1) on CygWin but I can't use Cygwin
as (apparently) every attempt to install a package ends like this:

C:\Program Files\Haskell Platform\2010.1.0.0\lib\..\mingw\bin\windres: can't
open temporary file `\/cca01252.irc': No such file or directory

Using cabal-install with MSYS generally works. Can HP be used with Cygwin?

I have yet to find a way of installing Curl so that the curl hackage will
recognise it-does anybody know how to do this?

(I couldn't find any explanation of how HP can be used with Cygwin or how to
install Curl for use with the hackage. If anyone knows where I can get these
that would be fine much appreciated; the Haskell.org outage is compounding
this.)

Thanks in advance!

Vhris