[Haskell-cafe] alphanum in infix constructors (and possibly functions as well) - why not?

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Fri Jun 4 09:25:15 EDT 2010

Ozgur Akgun <ozgurakgun at gmail.com> writes:

> Then people would need to put spaces between those things, right?
> What a horrible consequence!

I like to think that Haskell is a language where aesthetics matter.  So,
in my opinion this is indeed a horrible consequence.

I find mixing of symbols and letters in identfiers to be in itself
aesthetically inferior, and there's already more than enough
whitespace-dependent parsing warts in Haskell.

-k