[Haskell-cafe] Language Shootout reverse-complement benchmark

David Leimbach leimy2k at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 10:25:57 EDT 2010

I'm still trying to figure out what the point of the shootout really is.  If
there's no dedicated folks working with a language there, trying to make
things run faster, a language will come out looking inefficient potentially.
 There's a lot of compile flags and optimizations that can make a difference
in probably all of the languages listed on that page.

I guess all you can get from the shootout is a sense of what a particular
language or set of tools is capable of in the hands of the programmers who
submit implementations.  It doesn't really give you a concrete idea as to
how to evaluate a programming language.

It does still seem kind of fun for some reason though :-)

Dave