[Haskell-cafe] Database.CouchDB broken?

Martin Hilbig martin at mhilbig.de
Sat Jul 31 05:04:21 EDT 2010

hi,

try it this way:

http://gist.github.com/501951

note the type annotations and the added req param include_docs=true for
getAllDocs.

the first error is created by ghci, since it dont know the specific type

Database.CouchDB> :t runCouchDB' $ getDoc (db "test") (doc "xyz")
runCouchDB' $ getDoc (db "test") (doc "xyz")
   :: (JSON a) => IO (Maybe (Doc, Rev, a))

but why doesnt it complain about the ambiguous type variable `a', like
in `read "124"`?

the addition of the include_docs=true request parameter really should be
in the getAllDocs function itself.

i'll fix this and put it in my own haskell-couchdb repo, as well as the
simple bulk and attachment apis i implemented, stay tuned ;)

have fun
martin