[Haskell-cafe] Announce type-level-natural-number-1.0: Simple, Haskell 2010-compatible type level natural numbers

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Fri Jul 30 20:37:11 EDT 2010

Heh. I was just thinking I needed type level naturals last night at the
pub. I wanted to support gcc's vector type extension in jhc

which allow diretly expressing vector operations that use the SIMD
features of modern CPUS, I didn't want to pre-create every possible
choice so encoding the size as a type level number makes sense.

I support complex numbers via a similar higher order type,

> data Complex_ :: # -> #

then I can use 'Complex_ Float64_' to get unboxed complex doubles.