[Haskell-cafe] new Cabal user question -- installing to Haskell Platform on Windows network drive?

Peter Schmitz ps.haskell at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 18:46:40 EDT 2010

Rogan:

Again, thanks very much for your reply.

My situation is that I need to be able to use Cabal (and the Haskell
Platform, Gtk2Hs, etc.) at any of several PCs in a (Windows XP) LAN, each of
which has access to the network drive H:.

So, I am using:
H:\proc\tools\Haskell Platform
H:\proc\tools\gtk
H:\proc\tools\cabal            (hopefully)
etc.

So I need to not use C: for anything related to Haskell tools (although temp
files would be okay I guess), and have everything in the H: tools tree, so
that new versions of Cabal, Haskell libraries, etc. get installed to the
appropriate dir on H:.

I will try experimenting with editing the config file and using that hidden
option you mentioned.

** Cabal experts:

If anyone knows how to do this sort of thing in a better way, I would
appreciate a word.

Thanks much,
-- Peter