[Haskell-cafe] hGetContents: resource exhausted

Donn Cave donn at avvanta.com
Wed Jul 28 16:21:37 EDT 2010

Quoth Lally Singh <lally.singh at gmail.com>,

> Ah, it's getting EAGAIN from fds created from prior pipe() calls.  The
> other sides look like they were DUP2'd to fds 0&1, I'm guessing for a
> fork/exec().

Well, that isn't a big surprise - it's the way you would expect to
get EAGAIN.  So ... evidently the GHC runtime is broken somehow on
OpenSolaris?  I personally have no idea what's going on there, but
while we're waiting for someone with a clue, here are a couple more
random things to try:

Have you compiled and run separately?  instead of

> runghc Setup.hs configure

  ghc --make Setup
  Setup configure

It shouldn't make any difference on its own, but then you can try
options on the compile, like "ghc -threaded", and runtime flags like
"Setup +RTS -V0 -RTS"  I suggest that because it cuts down on
signal interrupts from the runtime, and your symptoms suggest a
signal interrupt.

	Donn Cave, donn at avvanta.com