[Haskell-cafe] Actors and message-passing a la Erlang

Joseph Wayne Norton norton at tkg.att.ne.jp
Tue Jul 27 09:27:36 EDT 2010

This may not be of direct interest to the Haskell community but I thought
I'd share this information anyway.

If you are looking for a solution (in Erlang that runs on Erlang's virtual
machine) to enforce an explicit contract between a client and a server,
there is framework called UBF.  This framework is designed for providing
rpc-like services based on a contract.  The contract is enforced
dynamically at runtime (not at compile time).

The original implementation was made by Joe Armstrong
(http://www.sics.se/~joe/ubf/site/home.html).  An updated implementation
with new features is currently hosted on GitHub (www.github.com/norton).

thanks,

- Joe N.