[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haskell Forum

Kevin Jardine kevinjardine at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 16:28:46 EDT 2010

On Jul 26, 10:10 pm, Evan Laforge <qdun... at gmail.com> wrote:

> Interesting, I've never figured out why some people prefer forums, but
> you're proof that they exist :)

This debate is eerily similar to several others I've seen (for
example, on the interactive fiction mailing list).

In every case I've seen, a web forum vs. mailing list debate has been
pointless at best and sometimes turned into a flame war. I think that
it's best for people who prefer a web forum to establish one and use
it, and for those who prefer the mailing list approach to continue to
use that.

Cheers,
Kevin