[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haskell Forum

Kevin Jardine kevinjardine at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 11:15:42 EDT 2010

Other topics I am interested in are served by both a web forum and a
mailing list, usually with different content and participants in both.
In my experience, routing one kind of content to another does not work
very well because of issues of spam control, moderation, topic
subdivisions, the ability to correct posts, and threading (usually web
forums have these things and mailing lists do not).

This works well in my view. Those people who prefer more structure and
features post in the forum, those who prefer more traditional mailing
lists post there, and anyone who wants to keep track of both streams
subscribes to the RSS feeds.

Personally I prefer web forums.

Kevin