[Haskell-cafe] Please report any bug of gtk2hs-0.11.0!

Sebastian Fischer sebf at informatik.uni-kiel.de
Mon Jul 26 09:51:43 EDT 2010

Hello,

On Jul 13, 2010, at 9:15 AM, Andy Stewart wrote:

> Please report any bug of gtk2hs-0.11.0, we will fix it before release
> gtk2hs-0.11.1

I have just installed the new Haskell Platform under Mac OS X 10.5.
With the previous installation of GHC 6.10.4 I managed to install
gtk2hs manually so I think I have all required Unix libs.

Now, I tried to install gtk2hs from Hackage but didn't succeed.

     cabal install gtk2hs-buildtools

works fine but

     cabal install gtk

fails with the message

     Configuring gtk-0.11.0...
     setup: ./Graphics/UI/Gtk/General/IconTheme.chs: invalid argument
     gtk-0.11.0 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
     ExitFailure 1

The dependencies seem to be installed properly:

     # ghc-pkg --user list | grep 0.11.0
     cairo-0.11.0
     gio-0.11.0
     glib-0.11.0
     pango-0.11.0

Has anyone experienced this before? Googling the error message brings
up a related problem under Solaris but no solution.

Cheers,
Sebastian

--
Underestimating the novelty of the future is a time-honored tradition.
(D.G.)