[Haskell-cafe] data type declaration

Patrick Browne patrick.browne at dit.ie
Sun Jul 25 10:03:45 EDT 2010

Andrew,
Thanks for your detailed feedback, it is a great help.
I appreciate that the code does not do anything useful, nor is it an
appropriate way to write Haskell, but it does help me
understand language constructs. I have seen statements like

>>> data C3 c3 a  => Address c3 a = Address c3 a

and wondered what they mean and how could they be used.

I am studying the Haskell type class system as part of a language
comparison. I am trying to exercise and understand the constructs rather
than develop a meaningful application.

Perhaps I should have mentioned this in my post.

Thanks again,
Pat

This message has been scanned for content and viruses by the DIT Information Services E-Mail Scanning Service, and is believed to be clean. http://www.dit.ie