[Haskell-cafe] Anyone here from New Zealand?

Hamish Mackenzie hamish.k.mackenzie at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 24 04:58:44 EDT 2010

On 24 Jul 2010, at 02:15, Tim Matthews wrote:

> Any of the haskellers here from NZ?

I am in Wellington, Stephen is near Palmerston North. There are a few others elsewhere I think.

> Are you using haskell in production, internally within your company or just outside of work in your own time?

I work on Leksah in my spare time.

> In Aus they've got hackathons and user groups. Anything even remotely similar here in New Zealand?

The last couple of times I have visited my parents in (who live in Palmerston North), Stephen and I have got together for what we jokingly refer to as NZHac or the NZHUG. Our next trip to Palmy will be late August I think.

There is an Erlang users group here in Wellington (organised by Lenz) and I attend when I can, there has not been a meeting in some time.  It's really more of a FP group in a way as others that attending are not all Erlang users (but most use or would like to use a functional language of some sort).  I think if we changed the name to the Wellington FP Users Group or something we might get more interest (especially if we catered to people interested in learning Scala and F#).

Hamish