[Haskell-cafe] On documentation

David Waern david.waern at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 04:33:23 EDT 2010

2010/7/21 Richard O'Keefe <ok at cs.otago.ac.nz>:
> One of the really nice ideas in the R statistics system is that
> documentation pages can contain executable examples, and when you
> wrap up a package for distribution, the system checks that the
> examples run as advertised.

The next version of Haddock will support something like this,
implemented by SImon Hengel.

Here's an example of how to use the new markup:

-- | An example:
--
-- ghci> fib 10
-- 55

> Haskell has a *perfect* fit for this idea in QuickCheck.

We currently only support concrete examples (i.e. unit tests), but the
plan is to add support for QuickCheck properties.

David