[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] ANNOUNCE: vorbiscomment 0.0.1

Antoine Latter aslatter at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 19:17:20 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 10:16 AM, Chris Wagner
<christopher.t.wagner at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm happy to announce that I have packaged up my first Haskell library,
> vorbiscomment, which allows for reading of "Vorbis comments" from Ogg
> Vorbis files.  The code is rugged and surely buggy, but any feedback,
> patches, etc. are more than welcome.
>
> I do have a specific question in releasing this, and you can respond to
> my personal email address if this mailing list is not appropriate for
> discussion, but I'm wondering where my library's functionality should
> live within the module hierarchy.  At present, I have simply placed it
> in a top-level "Vorbis" module, but this is surely not the proper place
> for it.

Hi Chris,

I have 5 packages which populate under the Codec.* hierarchy, so I
would try to stake something out underneath Codec.Audio.*. Are these
comments unique to Vorbis, or are they for anything contained in Ogg?

Antoine

(also, moving discussion to -cafe)