[Haskell-cafe] Re: gd on Win32

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 16:57:10 EDT 2010

On 21 July 2010 20:17, Christopher Done <chrisdone at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> You probably have to install the mingw versions of these libraries.
> Should be trivial to do with mingw's installation manager. Or was that
> cygwin? The one with the package manager. I haven't used Windows for a
> while, apologies.

mingw only recently has a package manager - which may be unofficial at
the moment.

It doesn't look like it has GD:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/takeoffgw/index.php?title=Repository_State

I'd expect the libraries exist in Cygwin's package repository.
However, binding Haskell to C libraries with Cygwin is difficult, I've
only had success when binding to pre-built DLLs like SDL.

Given the number of libraries involved, I'd look for an alternative to GD.