[Haskell-cafe] List manager and duplicate copies of messsages

José Romildo Malaquias j.romildo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 12:48:40 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 12:18:14PM -0300, José Romildo Malaquias wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 02:42:37PM +0200, Martijn van Steenbergen wrote:
> > On 7/21/10 12:48, José Romildo Malaquias wrote:
> > > Hello.
> > >
> > > I have noticed that I do not receive duplicate copies of messages from
> > > haskell-cafe, although "Avoid duplicate copies of messages?" is set to
> > > "No" in the mailing list membership configuration.
> > >
> > > I want the copies because I archive all the mailing list messages with
> > > procmail based on the "X-BeenThere" header line.
> > >
> > > Has anybody else seen this behaviour, or am I missing anything?
> > >
> > > Is there any problems with the mailing list manager?
> >
> > You're using gmail. See:
> >
> > http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/gmail/thread?tid=2d5dbc1f28270634
>
> I am talking about answers to messages that I post to haskell-cafe. If
> somebody reply to my message sending it both to the mailing list and to
> me, I am receiving only the copy sent to me. The one sent to the mailing
> list (with the X-BeenThere in the header used for archiving) is not
> arriving to my inbox.
>
> It works with other mailing lists I subscribe with this same email
> address from gmail.
>
> Nontheless I will subscribe with another email address not from gmail
> and see if it works as expected.

After conducting the test with an email address from operamail.com, I
noticed that with replying to all, I receive two copies at operamail.com
and only one at gmail.com.

This is intriguing, because I am subscribed to several other mailing
lists with the gmail.com address, and I am seeing this behaviour only
with the haskell mailing lists.

I apologize for the Test thread.

Romildo