[Haskell-cafe] Merge hsql and HDBC -- there can only be one!

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Wed Jul 21 08:17:21 EDT 2010

John Goerzen <jgoerzen at complete.org> writes:

> I need to read the LGPL and analyze it closer, but my first analysis
> suggests that this would work fine for me and others.

I'm using the LGPL for library code, and GPL for applications.  Although
a lot of noise is generated from the linking issues, the most imporant
point to me is that LGPL allows you to use the library in other open
source (but non-GPL-compliant) applications.

Binary/commercial/proprietary software - well, I'll worry about it the
day it happens.  So far, nobody ever asked for a BSD license - but I'd
be happy about an exception (even with modifications to the library, as
long as those modifications were available).

> I'll also want to evaluate LGPL v3, which I have been meaning to move
> to anyhow.

Please report back if you do!

-k