[Haskell-cafe] cabal, Setup.lhs example

Tom Hawkins tomahawkins at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 23:50:40 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 11:54 AM, Stephen Tetley
<stephen.tetley at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tom
>
> This will the job for a UserHooks - probably preBuild? - see
> Distribution.Simple.UserHooks.
>
> postConf - Hook to run after configure command
> preBuild - Hook to run before build command. Second arg indicates
> verbosity level.
> buildHook - Over-ride this hook to get different behaviour during build.

Thanks.  I tried this, but it appears cabal-install ignores the
Setup.hs file.  The only way I could get it to take is if I run
'runhaskell Setup.hs configure' directly.  I always assumed
cabal-install runs Setup.hs under the hood, but apparently not.  Why
is this?