[Haskell-cafe] Re: Tiger compiler in Haskell: annotating abstract syntax tree

José Pedro Magalhães jpm at cs.uu.nl
Tue Jul 20 08:43:04 EDT 2010

Hi Oleg,

>From what I understand, you are using a list of integers to encode a path to
a subterm. This is a practical and lightweight implementation, but less
type-safe: it is easy to encode annotations that do not correspond to any
value. Also, it cannot guarantee, with types alone, that every subterm is
annotated.

Our solution, on the other way, requires more intrusive changes to the
user's datatype.

Cheers,
Pedro