[Haskell-cafe] Design for 2010.2.x series Haskell Platform site

wren ng thornton wren at freegeek.org
Mon Jul 19 17:23:21 EDT 2010

Malcolm Wallace wrote:
>> I still like the original design on http://imgur.com/NjiVh a lot
>> better, It has a simple modern design to it in my opinion :)
>
> +1.  It is simply beautiful.  Much more striking and memorable than the
> blue diver.

I really like the background image; it's nicely striking and much more
memorable than the diver. The font selection, color scheme, and central
logo are decent, but I'm not a fan of the presentation of the OS icons
nor the content of the footer. The two-box "What is Haskell?","What is
the Haskell Platform?" footer works a lot better IMO.  The icons are a
bit harder to fix though; right now they look bolted on and
discontinuous with the rest of the design.

--
Live well,
~wren