[Haskell-cafe] Re: Hot-Swap with Haskell

Andy Stewart lazycat.manatee at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 05:21:11 EDT 2010

Martin Hilbig <martin at mhilbig.de> writes:

> hi,
> if been thinking about an haskell interpreter to, because of erlang's otp. its syntax is a mess, but
> its scalability is win.
> since erlang runs in its vm ("interpreted") is there a need for a real haskell interpreter, or can
> there be a compiled haskell/otp with hotswapping, scaling and stuff?
> now back on topic, i wrote "real" haskell interpreter because there is the hint[1] package, which
> wrappes the ghc api.
> now i dont know what more the plugin package provides, but i thought hint is like is successor
> (since lambdabot used plugins and now uses mueval, which in turn uses hint ;). please correct me.
Yes, "haskell interpreter" maybe is solution, because Emacs is use this
"Static C core ++ elisp interpreter", then all elisp hot-swapping is
base on elisp interpreter.

IMO, "haskell interpreter" is perfect solution for samll script job. But
i'm afraid "haskell interpreter" is slow for *large code*, i don't know,
i haven't try this way...

Thanks for your suggestion, i will consider it.

  -- Andy