[Haskell-cafe] Re: "New FGL" naming survey

Ivan Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 22:51:36 EDT 2010

Thank you for all the people who have voted; we so far have 42 results
in about 12 hours.

Some indication of the results so far:

* 62% prefer inductive-graphs

* 62% have indicated that they use fgl or do some graph-related stuff
(no correlation, just an interesting coincidence; I have not as yet
done the number crunching to tell what the most popular name is for
people that actually use fgl or other graph stuff).

* Someone stated that ponies smell sweaty... not sure how that's
relevant, but OK.

* At least two people prefer the new name as it isn't an acronym (one
because acronyms aren't needed and the term functional is redundant,
the other because the term "graph" isn't directly in the package
name).

* Martin Erwig himself said that he thinks we should keep using the name "fgl".

So, keep the votes coming in (I actually didn't expect this many already)!

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com
IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com