[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] ANNOUNCE: Haskell 2010 Report (final)

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 04:47:23 EDT 2010

On 12/07/2010 18:29, Felipe Lessa wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 9:50 AM, Simon Marlow<marlowsd at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> And hopefully things will improve over time, as fewer packages will need to
>> depend on base.  We could also start pulling out APIs that are currently in
>> base into separate packages, without actually pulling out the code - e.g.
>> concurrency, and that would be a good way to migrate people away from
>> depending on base, but without breaking everything.
>
> Is the plan to stop using base and start using 'haskell2010', even if
> you use extensions that aren't Haskell 2010?

You can make an independent choice about whether to use the Haskell 2010
language, and/or the Haskell 2010 libraries.

If you need to use modules from base that are not part of Haskell 2010,
then you will not be able to use the haskell2010 package, but you will
still be able to use {-# LANGUAGE Haskell2010 #-}.

Cheers,
	Simon