[Haskell-cafe] Re: ANNOUNCE: fgl-5.4.2.3

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 03:25:39 EDT 2010

A couple of points I meant to make here but forgot (I was busy hacking
on this and my other three graph-related packages for over a week now,
and especially this past weekend it cut into my sleeping...):

* Apart from bug-fixes, I don't intend on touching the 5.4 series any
  more.  That said, I believe that this version is suitable for
  replacing 5.4.2.2 in the platform (what's the process on that?).

* After I get my generic graph class sorted out at AusHac this coming
  weekend, I intend to make a 5.5.0.0 release which extends the classes
  in this new library; this will probably _not_ be suitable for the
  platform and is intended to serve as a stepping stone to the
  replacement library Thomas Bereknyei and I are working on.

With that last point: Thomas and I are willing to call this new
version/replacement something like "inductive-graphs" if that is the
preference of the community.  Does anyone know of a website that would
let us have a survey we can use to determine which option people would
prefer?  Note that even if we give it a new name (rather than just a new
major version number), we still intend on using the Data.Graph.Inductive
module namespace (as it makes even more sense with the new name), so
there will still be clashes between this new version and fgl.

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com
IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com