[Haskell-cafe] Multidimensional Matrices in Haskell

Ben Lippmeier benl at ouroborus.net
Mon Jul 12 01:27:14 EDT 2010

I've found using Data.Vector works fine for this, just write an indexing function to handle the multiple dimensions.

The gloss-examples package has a nice graphical demo of Conway's game of life that uses Vector. Gloss is specifically designed for beginners, so no monads required.

The code for the demo is at:
  http://code.haskell.org/gloss/gloss-stable/examples/Conway/

and the gloss homepage is at:
  http://trac.haskell.org/gloss/