[Haskell-cafe] Fix plugins package.

Andy Stewart lazycat.manatee at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 01:07:50 EDT 2010

Hi Ivan,

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic <ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com> writes:

> Andy Stewart <lazycat.manatee at gmail.com> writes:
>> Hi all,
>> I want to use *plugins* package
>> (http://hackage.haskell.org/package/plugins-1.4.1)
>> Unfortunately, it looks broken.
>> Anybody can fix it?
> Try putting an upper bound in the constraint for `base'; since there's
> no upper bound, cabal-install defaults to "< 4", which conflicts with
> plugins _needing_ base >= 4.
I think not just build-depend problem, something broken in plugins
source code, below is compile error:

------------------------------> error start <------------------------------
    Warning: A do-notation statement discarded a result of type GHC.Conc.ThreadId.
             Suppress this warning by saying "_ <- forkIO
                                                        E.evaluate (length errput)
                                                        return GHC.Unit.())",
             or by using the flag -fno-warn-unused-do-bind
[ 3 of 15] Compiling System.Plugins.Parser ( src/System/Plugins/Parser.hs, dist/build/System/Plugins/Parser.o )

    Warning: The import of `Data.Either' is redundant
               except perhaps to import instances from `Data.Either'
             To import instances alone, use: import Data.Either()
[ 4 of 15] Compiling System.Plugins.PackageAPI ( src/System/Plugins/PackageAPI.hs, dist/build/System/Plugins/PackageAPI.o )

src/System/Plugins/PackageAPI.hs:61:24: Not in scope: `package'

src/System/Plugins/PackageAPI.hs:62:25: Not in scope: `package'
------------------------------> error end   <------------------------------

> The hint library might also do what you want:
> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hint
Wow, i didn't know it.

Infact, i want implement a *fully* hot-swapping feature for Haskell application, not just
re-compile/re-load module in runtime like Yi/Xmonad, i have code do that.
I want to a Haskell interpreter to evaluation expression/module in
runtime, then application can develop itself in runtime, don't need

hint library looks interesting.....

Thanks for hint link.

  -- Andy