[Haskell-cafe] bug in ghci ?

Kevin Quick quick at sparq.org
Sat Jul 10 00:55:55 EDT 2010

On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 18:57:34 -0700, Edward Kmett <ekmett at gmail.com> wrote:
> I hope the above demonstrate that there are at least some fairly reasonable
> (and, given your request, appropriately category theoretic!) examples where
> one would want the ability to specify that there is more than one member of
> a minimal mutual definition. =)

It does, thanks!  (And thanks as well to Alexander for the description of proofs).

This confirms Ivan's proposal a more general form allowing grouping (&) and exclusion (|) would be needed.  The question now is: is that enough and is this a useful approach to the problem that should be moved forward as a more formal suggestion?

--
-KQ