[Haskell-cafe] Memoization in Haskell?

Luke Palmer lrpalmer at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 19:03:48 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 4:23 PM, Daniel Fischer <daniel.is.fischer at web.de> wrote:
> On Friday 09 July 2010 00:10:24, Daniel Fischer wrote:
>> You can also use a library (e.g.
>> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/data- memocombinators) to do the
>> memoisation for you.
> Well, actualy, I think http://hackage.haskell.org/package/MemoTrie would be
> the better choice for the moment, data-memocombinators doesn't seem to
> offer the functionality we need out of the box.

I'm interested to hear what functionality MemoTrie has that
data-memocombinators does not.  I wrote the latter in hopes that it
would be strictly more powerful*.

* Actually MemoTrie wasn't around when I wrote that, but I meant the
combinatory technique should be strictly more powerful than a
typeclass technique.  And data-memocombinators has many primitives, so
I'm still curious.