[Haskell-cafe] Multidimensional Matrices in Haskell

John Lato jwlato at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 16:58:27 EDT 2010

Hello,

There are a lot of options.  The "array" package, which is included
with GHC, provides both mutable and immutable arrays of arbitrary
dimensions.  A quick scan of hackage shows ArrayRef, ix-shapable, and
judy as alternatives, among others.

Immutable arrays can be pure, but all mutable array interfaces will
require a monad of some type.  I usually think ST-based mutability is
easiest to work with.

John