[Haskell-cafe] [C Binding] Turning the mutable to immutable?

Yves Parès limestrael at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 09:24:10 EDT 2010

> 2010/7/7 Liam O'Connor <liamoc at cse.unsw.edu.au>
> Making an immutable API from a mutable one generally damages performance
(on von neumann architectures) somewhat, the goal is to minimize that
impact.

In fact, I would like to determine if an EFFICIENT way to make images and
such immutable exists, or if it is impossible.

I looked at graphics-drawingcombinators. It is nice, but it doesn't fully
answer to my problem since it just loads images and draws them. It provides
no ways to alter them, no problem of mutability, then.

> 2010/7/7 Chris Eidhof <chris at eidhof.nl>
> Premature optimization is the root of all evil ;)

Yes, you are right, this is wise.