[Haskell] Re: [Haskell-cafe] ANN: HaRe-0.6, now on Hackage

Chris BROWN chrisb at cs.st-andrews.ac.uk
Wed Jul 7 08:51:53 EDT 2010

Daniel, Ivan,

One comment on your .cabal file: it's usually preferred to write "base

= 3 && <5" rather than "base >= 3 && <= 4".

In particular if e.g. base-4.2.0.0 doesn't fall in the latter range.
I don't know how exactly Cabal interprets these bounds, but it's a
possibility since 4.2 > 4.0.

Thanks for the tip: we will get this into the next release of Cabal HaRe 0.6.1 ASAP.

Any other comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Chris.