[Haskell-cafe] Re: Transformers versus monadLib versus...

Ertugrul Soeylemez es at ertes.de
Tue Jul 6 08:31:38 EDT 2010

Yves Parès <limestrael at gmail.com> wrote:

> monadLib looks nice, indeed, but the major problem with using it
> resides in the fact that most of the libraries on hackage use MTL.
> Must be tedious to have to use two monad libraries at the same time...

In general this is a minor problem.  Note that when using a monad from
another library usually you get provided with a type alias (or even a
newtype) and a number of convenience functions, so you don't have to
access names from both libraries at the same time.

I can only speak for myself, but I've never had a problem with this,
even though my packages often have lots and lots of dependencies.