[Haskell-cafe] emacs tags

Michael Mossey mpm at alumni.caltech.edu
Mon Jul 5 21:33:21 EDT 2010

(I asked this question on the logical email list to ask, haskell-mode, but
got no reply, so I'm hoping someone here might know the answer.)

I tried to use tags with emacs.

I ran :etags in ghci, then tried to use C-c M-. inside Emacs
to find the definition of a symbol. It reported "no source information
available". I did some basic checking---a TAGS file does exist in the same
directory as the file I was visiting, and contains some kind of entry for
the specific symbol (whether the right syntax I don't know).

I'm using haskell-mode 2.4 and emacs 21.3.1 on Windows XP. Also ghci 6.12.1.

Thanks,
Mike