[Haskell-cafe] Type classes

David Waern david.waern at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 08:43:23 EDT 2010

2010/7/4 Daniel Fischer <daniel.is.fischer at web.de>:

>> > Hmm, it seems only partial: documentation attached to an instance is
>> > shown in the list of instances under a type, but not the list under a
>> > class.
>>
>> I'm guessing that's to reduce noise...
>
> I'm guessing it might have something to do with the fact that often the
> module containing the class definition isn't processed together with the
> module containing the instance declaration.

Actually Haddock attaches instance information to the modules in a
separate step after having processed all of them. The fact that no
documentation shows up for instances under the class documentation is
a bug, embarrasingly enough, which I hadn't noticed. Looking at the
code, it's not that I've forgotten to add code to the Html backend,
it's something deeper that is wrong, so I will have to investigate.

David