[Haskell-cafe] Re: Rewriting a famous library and using the same name: pros and cons

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 09:36:48 EDT 2010

On 3 July 2010 14:18, Ivan Lazar Miljenovic <ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com> wrote:
> Stephen Tetley <stephen.tetley at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I think it was Hugs compliant as least for some revisions - I seem to
>> remember looking at it before I switched to GHC.
>
> People still use Hugs? :p
>
> A bit more seriously: is there any listing anywhere of which extensions
> Hugs supports?
>
> Definitely serious: if anything, I would care more about ensuring
> compatability with JHC, UHC, etc. than Hugs nowadays.

It's not so much whether people still use Hugs just that the non-H98
argument was a bit more nuanced.

I first looked at FGL 8 or 9 years ago, thinking about porting it to
PLT-Scheme but I didn't have the Haskell smarts to do it. In those
days I only had Hugs installed, though I may not have ever loaded FGL.

Here's a guide to Hugs's extensions:

http://cvs.haskell.org/Hugs/pages/users_guide/hugs-ghc.html