[Haskell-cafe] Are you a Haskell expert? [How easy is it to hire Haskell programmers]

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 08:53:35 EDT 2010

Daniel Fischer <daniel.is.fischer at web.de> writes:

>> > Knowing about something /= knowing how to use it.  I own and have read
>> > RWH, but I've never had to use hsc2hs, or Applicative, etc.
>>
>> Writing libraries that bind to C is a great way to have to use a lot of
>> hsc2hs (or c2hs), so clearly you need to contribute more libraries :-)
>
> dons was replying to *Ivan Miljenovic* here (with a smiley to remove all
> doubt), he was teasing [is that the entirely correct word?] Ivan a
> bit.

Teasing works (as the teased, I'll accept it anyway :p).  As for what
Don was teasing me about: lemme first finish writing all these base
generic graph libraries, then I'll see about writing bindings to
external C libraries for graphs, etc.!

>> But in this case, the OP didn't even know *about* the something.
>
> That, however, is indeed an indicator (not infallible of course).
> After a few years of Haskell coding, it's very unlikely that you've never
> heard of those tools.

Especially if you're active in the community, etc.  I mean, it's still
possible to not know about hsc2hs, but it gets bandied about every now
and again.

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com